Need A Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing Company?
What Is Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing?
Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing, or spray foam roofing, is a roofing material sprayed as a liquid and expands and hardens into a foam, creating a solid layer across an existing roof.
Spray foam systems are generally applicated over existing roofs because of their lightweight and flexible application process.
While SPF (Spray Polyurethane Foam) is not the most popular roofing substrate, its flexibility for application on aging or existing roofs makes it ideal for building owners looking for a lower-cost, high-performing system.
Two layers of acrylic roof covering are used on all SPF Foam roofs. The first layer of the base coat is sprayed on and rolled out, sealing the foam and any crevices. Browse more at roofing repair specialist blog for more topics! Applying the final seal and improving the roof’s strength and longevity with a white acrylic topcoat is time.
Why use Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing?
- LOWER COST: SPF roofing systems are generally less expensive than other roofing systems.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: SPF roofs have a high R-value, meaning they are excellent at insulating your building.
- FLEXIBLE APPLICATION: SPF can be applied to various existing roofs, which is ideal for retrofit projects.
- LONG LIFE: An SPF roof can last 20 years or more with proper maintenance.
How does Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing work?
SPF is sprayed onto an existing roof in liquid form. The foam then expands and hardens into a solid layer, creating a seamless barrier across the roof. SPF roofing systems are generally applied in two steps. First, a primer coat is rolled out and sprayed on, sealing the foam and any crevices. The black topcoat is then applied, which gives it a final seal and doubles the strength and durability of the roof.
SPF roofs are generally white, which helps reflect sunlight and heat away from the building, reducing energy costs.
The main advantages of spray polyurethane Foam Roofing Sytems
SPF foam has the highest R-value of any commonly used roof insulation, with an R-value rating of 6.6 per inch. R-value is the measurement used to assess insulating material’s heat flow resistance. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power.
2. Seamless application
Due to the nature of the application process, SPF roofs are 100% seamless, giving you a fully-insulated, fully waterproof roof.
3. Low labor costs
The application process of Spray Foam Roofing Systems is much more straightforward than most commonly used roofing systems. That means lower labor costs for the customer and faster start to finish times.
SPF Foam roofs can be washed and re-coated every 10-15 years or sooner when needed making it a reliable renewable roof system that can last up to 30 years.
5. High UV Reflection
Finished SPF Roof Systems coated with a white acrylic topcoat are highly UV reflective. This means fewer energy costs during warm seasons, costing building owners thousands of dollars.
Spray foam roofing systems have been used and proven since the early 1960s, making them a reliable, cost-effective roof system and versatile for all building owners to consider when trying a new system for their roof.
Is Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing right for your building?
While SPF roofing systems are not the most popular roofing substrates, their flexibility for application on aging or existing roofs makes them ideal for building owners looking for a lower-cost, high-performing system.
If you are considering an SPF roofing system for your building, contact a spray foam roofing contractor professional like us, a roof repair specialists, to discuss your specific project needs.
Why should commercial building owners consider spray foam roofing for their business?
- Spray foam roofing is a cost-effective solution for many business owners.
- Spray foam roofs have a high R-value, meaning they are excellent at insulating your building.
- Polyurethane is applied to the surfaces of spray foam roofs in addition to two coats of roof acrylic coatings. The first foam layer of the base coat is sprayed on and rolled out, sealing the foam and any crevices. Finally, a final white top coat of acrylic is applied to the roof for enhanced protection and durability.
- Because of their durability, flexibility, and low price, spray foam roofing systems have been utilized and demonstrated since the early 1960s. They are a safe, versatile, and cost-effective roof system that all building owners should consider when considering a new system for their roof.
- Spray foam roofs are also highly UV reflective, meaning they will reflect sunlight and heat away from your building, helping to keep energy costs down.
If you are a commercial building owner and looking for a new roofing system, spray foam roofing is an excellent option. It is a cost-effective, durable, and reliable roofing system that has been proven to work for over 50 years. So give spray foam roofing a try today.
Roofing Repair Specialists is the number one provider of spray foam roofing service. We have been in business for over the years and have installed spray foam roofs on thousands of commercial buildings. See also our roofing repair areas served! We are experts in spray foam roofing and can help you choose the best roof system for your building. So give us a call today to learn more about spray foam roofing and get a free quote.
Spray foam polyurethane roofing summary
No roof system is perfect or without its flaws. For instance, Spray Foam roofs are more susceptible to hail damage than roof systems such as PVC Membranes. However, if a foam roof is maintained and inspected for damage every year, it proves to be an ideal solution for many business owners.
A Spray Foam Roof costs you anywhere from $4.00 to $7.00 per square foot. The cost will vary a lot based on several factors, some of which include
- Roof size
- Penetrations on roof
- Existing roof substrate
- Access to roof
These factors need to be considered to make the best decision when deciding which spray foam roofing system to choose.
Feel Free to
Call Roofing Repair Specialists today to schedule an estimate for your commercial roof. We offer competitive pricing and our detailed research will give you the most accurate assessment of your building possible. Call us today!